Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Posted on July 7, 2020 at 3:59 PM by Harvey Baker
On June 30, 2020 at approximately 12:30 p.m., the University Park Police responded to the 6600 Blk of 44th
Ave for a report of suspicious subjects. The reporting person observed two adult males walking around her property taking
pictures of the permits, in the windows along with entry/exit doors to the front
and rear of the property. When confronted one of the subjects provided a fake
number, and fake place of business. The reporting person was able
to obtain a picture of the subjects vehicle (white work van) however the tags were expired with no record on file. After their pictures were taken the subjects jumped into their vehicle and drove off on Clagett Rd. University Park Police searched the area with negative results. Residents are asked to call 911 if they are approached by these subjects in University Park.
Chief Harvey R. Baker
Posted on July 7, 2020 at 3:34 PM by Harvey Baker
The ‘8 Can’t Wait’ is a police reform campaign backed by activists, protestors, and researchers from across the nation that uses data, community demands and provides policy solutions with the goal of ending police violence. The University Park Police embraces the ‘8 Can’t Wait’ recommendations. Our General Orders Manual already include many of the suggested recommendations. The “8 Can’t Wait’ campaign is currently trending on social media in response to the growing nationwide call for police reform. Listed below you will find each ‘8 Can’t Wait’ recommendation with the corresponding University Park Police General Orders and a link to our general orders for your reference:
1) Ban strongholds and chokeholds - prohibited University Park Police General Order Use of Force 400.0. VIII. 3b.
2) Require de-escalation - University Park Police General Order Use of Force 400.0. IV
3) Require warning before shooting – required - University Park Police General Order Use of Force 400.0. VI. B
4) Exhaust all other means before shooting - required - University Park Police General Order Use of Force 400.0. VI. B
5) Use of Force - University Park Police General Order Use of Force 400.0
6) Require officers to intervene and stop excessive force - University Park Police General Order Duty to Intervene 300.2
7) Ban shooting at moving vehicles – prohibited (unless the vehicle is being used as a weapon against the officer) - University Park Police General Order Use of Force 400. VI. C
8) Require use of force continuum - required - University Park Police General Order 400.0. V
9) Require comprehensive reporting – required - University Park Police General Order 400. IX
University Park Police General Orders
If you have any questions, please give me a call at (301) 277-0050.
Chief Harvey R. Baker
Posted on July 7, 2020 at 3:26 PM by Harvey Baker