Construction & Household Hazardous Waste

Construction Waste

Public Works does not collect construction waste, pursuant to county landfill regulations.

Construction waste includes the following and more:

  • Brick
  • Concrete
  • Drywall
  • Lumber
  • Paneling
  • Plywood
  • Shingles
  • Stone
  • Wooden Fencing

See the Unacceptable Waste list on our main trash page for more information.

Convenience Center That Takes Construction Waste

Find the phone number, location, and business hours of the Brown Station Road Public Convenience Center where you can bring your construction waste.

Household Hazardous Waste

Public Works does not collect hazardous waste pursuant to county landfill regulations.

Household hazardous waste includes:

  • Antifreeze
  • Brake Fluid
  • Car Batteries
  • Chemistry Sets
  • Cleaners
  • Cooking Oil
  • Fluorescent Light Bulbs
  • Herbicides
  • Household Batteries
  • Insecticides
  • Oil-Based Paints
  • Paint Thinners
  • Pesticides
  • Photographic Chemicals
  • Solvents
  • Swimming Pool Chemicals
  • Used Motor Oil

View the Household Hazardous Waste Facility in Prince George's County and learn how you can dispose of Hazardous Waste.


 Water-based paint may be collected with your regular trash if it is in its clearly legible, original container and it has been dried out - remove lid for at least 72 hours.