Trash / Bulk Trash
Refuse removal deals with your daily household trash that is not recyclable. Refuse is collected every Tuesday and Friday. Trash should be placed in Town-provided carts. Please secure lids to prevent littering and attracting wild animals and birds. Residents must bring carts to the curb for pick up before 7 a.m. unless they have already arranged for side-door or back-door service.
Throwing Away Paint
Water-based paint may be collected with your regular trash if it is in its clearly legible, original container and it has been dried out - remove lid for at least 72 hours.
Bulk Trash Collection
All bulk trash is collected on Tuesdays and Fridays. If your item contains Freon or a coolant, such as a refrigerator, dehumidifier or A/C unit, a payment of $20 is required by the Town prior to pickup. Payment can be made at Town Hall. Only cash or check is accepted at this time. Fill out our online bulk trash pickup request form.
Unacceptable items may be taken to the county facility at Brown Station Road Public Convenience Center.
- Animal carcasses
- Automobiles or auto parts
- Chemical and/or petroleum cleanup waste
- Compressed cylinders of any size, shape or condition
- Construction and demolition debris
- Drums, tanks, kegs and barrels (plastic and metal) greater than 55 gallons in size unless the sides are removed and the vessel flattened prior to collection
- Hazardous and bio-hazardous medical waste
- Home Renovation / Remodeling debris
- Liquids, including paint, sewage and septic waste
- Plastic packing materials and plastic sheeting
- Radioactive material
- Riding lawnmowers
- Shingles, roofing materials
- Skids and pallets
- Soil, rocks, grubbing material and spoil
- Stumps and logs
- TVs and Electronics
- Wood (unless it is a piece of furniture)
- Wooden Fencing / Sheds / Gazebos