How do I request a University Park police officer?

If it is an emergency, call 911. You can request a University Park police officer and one will be dispatched if available. If a UP officer is not available, the County will be dispatched. 

If it is a non-emergency matter, contact the University Park Police Department at 301-277-0050, Monday-Friday from 8-4 p.m. If it's after hours, dial 301-352-1200 to reach the Prince George's County Police Department (PGPD). The operator will forward your information to the dispatch center for the radio call assignment. You may ask for a University Park officer to respond, and they will if they are available and not tied up on another call. If the University Park officer is not available, a PGPD officer will respond. PGPD do serve as back up officers to the University Park Police Department and assist in many emergency situations. 

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a building permit?
2. Does Town Hall have a notary?
3. How can I report a street light out?
4. How do I request a University Park police officer?
5. How do I know when leaves will be collected on my street in the fall?
6. How do I get a UP sticker and/or parking permit?
7. How do I make an appointment for a car seat safety check?
8. What ward do I live in?
9. When does Public Works collect TVs and other electronics?
10. When does the Council meet?
11. When is bulk trash collected?
12. Who is my Council representative?
13. Why is there a “Last Chance” date for leaf collection in my ward when the crews continue to collect leaves for a few weeks after that date?