Last Chance for Curbside Leaf Vacuuming
- Wards 1, 2 & 3 - December 27-29
- Wards 4 & 5 - December 29-January 2
- Wards 6 & 7 - January 2-4
Vacuuming will not be guaranteed after the "last chance" dates for your ward.
Dos & Don'ts
- Do not rake or blow leaves into the street. Leaf piles in the street reduces on-street parking and narrows the roadway creating a hazard to vehicles and pedestrians. They may also cause a flooding hazard and make snow plowing much more difficult in the event of snow.
- Do make sure there are no rocks, sticks, metal, etc. in your leaf piles.
- Residents and contractors are asked to ensure there are only leaves in their plies. Other debris damages the collection equipment and slows the collection process.
- Do not expect crews to backtrack to collect leaves raked to the curb after they have been past your home.
For up to date information on where the crew is in Town, go to the public works calendar on the website. You can also subscribe to the Public Work's calendar to receive notifications when dates have been added to the calendar or any changes are made to the calendar by clicking on the text "notify me" - with the envelope icon - on the calendar page. Contact Public Works Director Mickey Beall with any questions at 301-924-4262.