Curbside Leaf Vacuuming
Leaf Vacuuming will begin November 4, 2019 and runs through January 10, 2020. After January 10, bagged (paper bags) leaves will be collected on Mondays with yard waste collection.
Public Works crews generally vacuum leaves counterclockwise through town wards (view the ward map (PDF)) as follows:
- Ward 2
- Ward 1
- Ward 3
- Ward 5
- Ward 4
- Ward 7
- Ward 6
A tentative November schedule will be posted to the public works calendar in late October. The tentative December schedule will be posted in late November. Please note the schedule is tentative and subject to change without notice. We endeavor to vacuum each street as many times as possible - weather, holidays, and other factors sometimes allow or cause the crews to progress faster or slower than expected. The schedule will be adjusted based on the actual progress of the leaf collection crews. Please work with us.
Questions about changes to the collection schedule should be directed to the Public Works office.
Updated Weekly (Thursdays) - Subject to change:
- Wards 1, 2 & 3 - December 14-18
- Wards 4 & 5 - December 18-21
- Wards 6 & 7 - December 9-13
Last Chance Collection
The last chance collection schedule has been revised to reflect changes due to weather.
- Wards 1, 2 & 3 - December 30- January 2
- Wards 4 & 5 - January 2-6
- Wards 6 & 7 - January 7-9
Vacuuming will not be guaranteed after the "last chance" dates for your ward.
Dos & Don'ts
- Do check the public works calendar and homepage periodically for leaf collection updates.
- Do not rake or blow leaves into the street. Leaf piles in the street reduces on-street parking and narrows the roadway creating a hazard to vehicles and pedestrians. They may also cause a flooding hazard and make snow plowing much more difficult in the event of snow.
- Do make sure there are no rocks, sticks, metal, etc. in your leaf piles.
- Residents and contractors are asked to ensure there are only leaves in their piles. Other debris damages the collection equipment and slows the collection process.
- Do not expect crews to backtrack to collect leaves raked to the curb after they have been past your home.