The Town of University of Park is pleased to announce we are hosting the Town wide Halloween Celebration on Sunday, October 31, 2021, from 6-8 p.m. While we invite all to come join in on the fun this year, we will be taking extra precautions to keep everyone safe by temporary closing the following Town roads:
Wells Pkwy @ Chansory Lane
Van Buren St. @ Forest Hill Drive
College Heights Dr @ Underwood Street
College Heights Dr @ Forest Hill Drive
Wells Pkwy @ College Heights Drive
The University Park Police offers these Halloween safety tips to ensure everyone is safe, while having fun:
- Kids under age 12 should always go trick-or-treating with an adult.
- Kids should wear a name tag with a parent cellphone number on it.
- Choose light colored costume that are easy to see at night or use reflective tape or glow-in-the-dark tape to help them be visible.
- Please only buy costumes labeled, “flame retardant.”
- To prevent falls, avoid oversized and high-heeled shoes make sure the rest of the costume fits well too.
- Please ensure children walk on the sidewalks when available and do not run across a street.
- Parents don’t drive along the street while your child trick-or treats. Please Park your vehicle and walk with your child.
- Wear a face mask, except for children under 2 years of age and individuals with medical exceptions.
- Make sure your face mask completely always covers your nose and mouth.
- Trick-or-treat with people in your own household.
- Maintain social distance of at least 6 feet from other groups.
- Avoid doors with a cluster of people. Stay back and wait until nobody else is at the door.
- Avoid touching strangers’ hands.
- Bring hand sanitizer to use between houses.
- Take only wrapped candy or treats.
- Wash your hands when finished trick-or-treating before eating the candy.
- Please stay home if you or your child feels sick or has symptoms of COVID-19 or is at high risk of complications.
- Please do not give out cany if you or anyone in your household feels sick, has symptoms of COVID-19 or is at high risk of complications.
- Designate one person per household to hand out candy.
- Wear a face mask and put it on before opening the door and make sure the mask completely covers your nose and mouth.
- Put treats in individual bags and lay them out instead of putting them in a large bowl.
- Sit outside behind a table to give out treats.
- Provide hand sanitizer for trick-or-treaters.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Get a flu vaccine at least two weeks before Halloween.
- Turn your outside light off if you are not participating or run out of candy.
The University Park Police will patrol the Town during Halloween by vehicle, T-3 and on foot and will hand out glow bracelets to increase visibility and safety.